The door in my wardrobe*

*the door not actually being there was a disappointment - but at least I was allowed to play with the clothes

//// Time traveller?

Posted on | August 31, 2009 | 8 Comments

baggy1baggy2baggy3baggy4

This blog has already revealed me one thing. Dressing up is costume play for me, at some level.

One day I just thoughtlessly pulled on my harem pants (I love this quite extreme silhouette, got them from Only sale last winter) and started to think what to combine them this time. I threw out the rules to stay with fitted tops with harem pants, picked a flesh toned silk tank, my own super-oversized silk mohair knit (free knitting pattern here), a broken studded belt and distressed leather boots with rubber embellishments. The result looks hard to time exactly, did I come from the past or the future? And weirdly androgynous, which is an achievement with my ultra feminine build and all that fleshtone.

Discussion

1. stellagee
    August 31st, 2009 @ 12:38 pm

absolutely loving it. sort of a mad max meets medieval knight meets jeanne d’arc look. fantastic!

2. elle s'ennuie
    August 31st, 2009 @ 1:01 pm

Ooh, I can almost feel the softness of the knit from these pictures! (If it is infact really scratchy and itchy, please don’t tell me, leave me to my illusions! ;)

I’m not much of a commenter, but I have been reading your blog for a few weeks now, and I really like it :)

3. Fisu
    August 31st, 2009 @ 1:28 pm

You made the harem pants look great, unbelievable. Yep, they are still not my favorite piece of clothing, but these piccies made me warm up. So, I love the outfit, once again!

And on top, now I have the feeling that I should start knitting.

Your blog is seriously dangerous…

4. Kamicha
    August 31st, 2009 @ 8:53 pm

stellagee: kind of my thoughts… …thanks!

elle s’ennuie: fortunately I don’t have to disappoint you — this knit is soft as baby’s breath on the skin! Thank you!

Fisu: I know that you would love a pair! First: they look great on a tall person with light build, like you. Second: they are the most comfortable thing to wear after tracksuit pants (and those we don’t wear, right ;-)).

5. sugar kane
    September 1st, 2009 @ 12:14 am

I agree with Stellagee’s comment — it’s the same medieval/pre-historic element combined with an unconventional take (i.e. no space-suits as such!) on futurism, that draws me to Rick Owens et al. I do love your style more and more, it’s subtle yet surprising.

6. Anna
    September 1st, 2009 @ 7:19 am

Gorgeous! A Warrior Queen!

You have an amazing style!

7. Kamicha
    September 2nd, 2009 @ 7:32 pm

Sugar Kane and Anna: I’m blushing here.…

8. Work in progress : The door in my wardrobe
    November 8th, 2009 @ 6:20 pm

[…] thinking process upside down and start to explore that wearability factor. The first result is the Light Flyweight sweater — that actually has been in use quite a lot! On knitter point of view this migh be the most […]

What do you think?